Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installation error

Vote:

I'm trying to install Community to an existing CMS website, but I get an error:

Error - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Community\4.1.517.358\Install\Configuration\web.config.modification.clearhandlers.xml'.

I checked the folder and the file is indeed missing. I already did a repair of the Relate-setup, but the file is still missing. Is there any place where I can get this file? I'm unable to install Community this way.

May 30, 2011 10:25
Vote:

Hello Maikel,

I've experienced the same problem and it's filed as a bug at EPiServer to. What you can do to get the file is install an older version of Community, then you should be able to copy the file form this older version of Community. This is otherwise the content of that particular file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<modifications>

<!-- Ensure that the clear-element is in top of the handlers elements -->
   <remove path="/configuration/system.webServer/handlers/clear" /> 
  <add path="/configuration">
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <clear __firstChild="true"/>
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
  </add>

</modifications>

Best regards

Martin

May 30, 2011 17:13
Vote:

I have the same problem, but your solution fixed the problem. Allthough I have the same problem when I'm trying to install EPIServer Mail, that the file is missing that is.

Any ideas what that file might look like?

Dec 20, 2011 10:58
Vote:

Hello Thomas,

That file looks exactly the same as the one that's used for EPiServer Community, so the same way as the xml-document in my previous post here.

/Martin

Dec 21, 2011 14:39
Vote:

Thanks Martin, this has just resolved that issue for me.

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2012 17:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.