Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

integrating Relate to existing Site

Vote:

We are currently running EpiServer 6 R2 and investigating upgrading to EpiServer 7. I've downloaded and installed the CMS using the deployment centre and everything works great. I've also installed the Alloy Tech website.

As part of this investigation we would like to take a look at the Community features which we've not used before. I've used the deployment centre to install Community into the Alloy Tech site, which has now given me the Community tab when logged into the CMS as an Admin user.

My question is, what next? I'm struggling to find any developer documentation of how to use this new functionality from within the CMS. There was an existing Forum in the Moderation Mode called Club Forum, however how do I make this appear on a page? Do I need to create a new page type that can be used to display a forum?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nov 14, 2013 17:36
Vote:

I do have an experience adding Community for R2 version. I suppose there are no huge breaking changes in the Community module. I would start with exploring around existing code base (for instance existing Medstore - http://relateintranet.codeplex.com/). In our experience we used just a functionality from Communtiy modules and UI was created from scratch.

As starting point - there is a lot of different Community modules - like Forums, Newsfeeds, Blogs, Clubs, etc. It depends on which module you would like to use in your site.

However note that there is no offical MVC samples/templates for Community module.

Nov 18, 2013 23:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.