Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with document archive and image gallery VPP

Vote:

Hi,

I’m having a strange problem with community and document archive and image gallery. I’m running a site with cms 7.19.2.0 and community 7.5.446.4.

In production environment everything works. In stage, test and dev I get 404 not found on files in the community document archive.

I have checked that the path is correct DocumentArchiveModule.Instance.PhysicalPath and that is correct. “C:\[VPPPATH]\EPiServerCommunity\Modules\DocumentArchive\Files”

If I try VirtualPathUtility.GetFileName("/EPiServerCommunity/Modules/DocumentArchive/Files/28/1028/XXX.docx"); I get 404 on “C:\[WebRoot]\EPiServerCommunity\Modules\DocumentArchive\Files\28\1028\xxx.docx”.

It feels like the VPP does not register for some reason.

If I register the VPP “like old times” in episeverframwork.config everything works but I get a warning in the logs

ERROR [1] ?.? - VirtualPathProvider of type 'EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNativeProvider' is registered for virtualPath '~/EPiServerCommunity/Modules/DocumentArchive/Files/'. VirtualPathProviders should be converted to IContent based files.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Regards

Niklas

Oct 30, 2015 13:30
Vote:

I just found out why this is working in production. Someone has set up the virtual paths to the document archive and the image gallery in the IIS. While this is a valid solution it means that the virtual paths in the community config does not work at all anywhere.

Nov 04, 2015 7:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.