Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple form elements on page and Composer edit

Vote:

Not being the biggest fan of asp.net web forms, I usually place the page header containing quick search outside the <form runat="server">- element, and wrap the quick search within its own form element.

When I go to “Composer edit on page”, it seems the Toolbox is placed within the first form element encountered, my quick search form, and not the asp.net form. This causes all sorts of mayhem (mainly inherited CSS screwing things up). If i place the form after the aspnet form, everything works (except I dont want my header at the bottom of the page).

So my question is: is it possible to force composer to place the toolbox within the aspnet form, not my quick search form?

Jan 19, 2012 9:50
Vote:

I usually do the same as you, but when it comes to Composer I haven't found a solution. I opened up a support ticket on this and we came to the conclusion that we couldn't do anything about this because a third party component that Composer is using was causing this behavior.

Frederik

Jan 19, 2012 13:40
Vote:

Thanks. Guess we'll have to wait for ASP MVC support ;)

Jan 19, 2012 14:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.