Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Published Composer areas reverting to previous version

Vote:

Hi all,

I have discovered on the live environment of my current project that published composer pages are reverting to their previous versions randomly, however, if I log in to edit mode the newer version is shown as if published and saving and publishing corrects it. It is specifically the composer areas of the pages that are 'going back in time'.

The production environment is load balanced with cache invalidation over tcp and is multi-language.

Has anyone had this issue before? I am assuming there is some issue with the shadow pages but cannot track down what.

Thanks in advance

Feb 04, 2013 11:12
Vote:

Hey fella, long time!

I stumbled across your post as we have a similar issue here on a load balanced environment.

There's two versions I've seen:

1. components appearing on published version of a page which disappear when you switch to edit mode.

2. components appear in edit mode but disappear when published.

workaround:

add a new component to the page, save and publish, edit page again and switch back to a previous version of the page.

- JT

Feb 26, 2013 11:16
Vote:

Hey buddy,

Thanks for that. I have a theory that if pages get copied and pasted in the page tree their shadow copies get mangled but yet to prove it.

I saw Michal the other day was like old times.

Keep it real

Feb 26, 2013 11:19
Vote:

Well if you need to verify anything let me know.

We made some changes to the config relating to the load balancer a couple of weeks and the problem has only occurred since we've done that. Will investigate and let you know what we find.

Feb 26, 2013 11:27
Vote:

Hi Guys

Have you found any more information on the above issues - I am facing a smililar issue where composer blocks are disappering (randomnly) on previously published versions only . Its load balanced envionment.

I can't establish anything, found no way to replicate this.

Any Ideas?

May 16, 2013 15:19
Vote:

Hey all

Has anyone experienced this on a non load-balanced environment? I'm keen to try and work around this for a current client...

David

Edited, May 20, 2013 11:01
Vote:

Hi all,

Just to add some more info to this thread for public consumption. I have, unfortunately, experienced this on a couple of projects now. On speaking to a colleague who spoke to EPiServer support about the initial issue their response was to:

Can you try turning off cache (pageCacheSlidingExpiration, remotePageCacheSlidingExpirati

on)

Hope that helps,

Ian

May 20, 2013 13:41
Vote:

Thanks Ian

I will try this after a bit more investigation to see if I found any patterns . Though it will be good to know if episerver has treated this a bug and fix through a hotfix from episerver, and why it is happening ?

Cheers

May 21, 2013 11:19
Vote:

Hi all

Just letting you know that EPiServer have created a hotfix for this issue. The ticket number you need is DI-131516.

David

Jun 11, 2013 13:24
Vote:

David - thanks for letting us know - there's going to be some very happy people here!

Jun 11, 2013 15:05
Vote:

Hi all

I've blogged about the issue and added a tool that allows you to indentify affected pages accross the site:

http://www.david-tec.com/2013/06/EPiServer-Composer-serving-up-old-versions-of-pages/

David

Jun 18, 2013 16:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.