I'm having trouble updating from
nuget EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.11.3
nuget EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.20.7
I have searched all the forums and apparently the only solution I am finding is to perform
but the problem persists.
How can i fix this?
Thank you so much.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: The assemblies for 'CMS' have not been updated to work with the current database version '7068.0'. Supported database version is '7066.0'. Make sure the NuGet packages are updated and build the solution.Source Error:
[No relevant source lines]
Source File: c:\Users\dseisdedos\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\0bd82adc\38b68794\App_global.asax.upgvqtdu.0.cs Line: 0Stack Trace:
[NotSupportedException: The assemblies for 'CMS' have not been updated to work with the current database version '7068.0'. Supported database version is '7066.0'. Make sure the NuGet packages are updated and build the solution.]
EPiServer.Data.SchemaUpdates.Internal.DatabaseSchemaManagerImplementation.ThrowUpdateCodeException(String displayName, Version databaseVersion, Version requiredVersion) +118
EPiServer.Data.SchemaUpdates.Internal.DatabaseSchemaManagerImplementation.EnsureDatabaseSchema(DataAccessOptions dataAccessOptions) +606
EPiServer.Data.DataInitialization.ValidateDatabaseSchema(InitializationEngine context) +85
EPiServer.Data.DataInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +25
EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key) +52
EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +80
Looks like your assemblies are old one. Can you make sure you have episerver.dll 11.20.7 in your bin folder?
I just checked the .net reflector dll it tells me I have v 11.20.7 of episerver.dll
I have updated EPiServer.CMS.Core
and now when I want to put a previous version back I get this message
to fix it on my locoalhost I have removed the database and rebuilt. now the problem is the server.
I have solved it as they comment in this forum;
That is a way to solve it, but it can be dangerous because you don't know which SP or tables have changed. 7068 is indeed the correct version for cms.core 11.20.7, so I don't know why though
We are on CMS 11.20.3. which is expecting db version 7067. After receiving a new copy of our solution, I am getting this when I try to run it in localhost:
I did NOT download a new copy of the DB, so something has decided it wants to upgrade the DB. I'm told we don't have a feature branch yet in CMS 12 (which I'm guessing is what db v8000 goes with) so I have no idea what would have triggered this.
If I hack sp_DatabaseVersion to return 7067 I just get a different problem:
So I have edited the sp back to v8000 and am back to the original message. Apparently something wants to do the update to v8000 very badly but in the NuGet package manager I'm not even being offered anything to upgrade any of the EPiServer.* dlls. This all seems very "bass ackwards" to me.
It seems that I either need to backgrade my DB or upgrade my DLLs and my intuition is that the former is better than the latter but may well just auto-update itself again.
Can anyone verify what db v8000 maps to in terms of the EPiServer*.dll version? Any thoughts or recommendations?
Hello, good afternoon friend.I am sorry to inform you that I have run into this type of error several times, not exactly with the version you are commenting on.
The fact is that if you update any nuget that modifies the database, the version of your database is automatically increased.
solution? always have a security bkup before updating nugets.
When you update a nuget, note the versions you have and to which you are updated.
PS: if you get this message it is because you have removed the nuget update from the code but the database is not updated version
Well I have not updated any NuGet packages. It is possible that the copy of the solution I have, has such updates. Let's see ... nope, source\repos\packages shows that all cms and framework packages are at v11.20.3. It looks like EPiServer.Find*.dlls are at 13.3.0 ... might that be my issue then? It looks like I didn't keep a copy of the old packages folder. If someone upgraded the Find functionality then that might have upgraded the DB, although it's odd to me that you'd be allowed to upgrade Find functionality independently of CMS functionality and that the DB upgrade would work for both.
Verified that find 13.x version is what we've been on for some time now. (This is all a little clumsy for me because I don't have full network access yet -- long story -- I'm working on a copy of the solution from someone else and sending them changes to commit on my behalf). From support I found that there IS in fact a mapping of DB versions to CMS versions and db v8000 = CMS v12.0.3. Go figure ...
Tomorrow I am going to ask my partner on the team (who has been off for a few days) to just send me his latest solution, packages, local DB, everything ... will wipe everything clean, install his latest, back it up, try again. Something is way wrong here, and has triggered a DB schema update that's entirely inappropriate.