Yet another page provider but in F#
Ever since I saw Luca Bolognese’s PDC video introducing F# I wanted to learn it. Since the best way to learn programming language is to use it, I tought I could port the EPiServer XmlPageProvider to F#. FSharpPageProvider is my first attempt to accomplish that.
I have created a new project on codeplex, you can find it here.
Following lines are copied form the projects home page:
- At the moment it implements only 4 base methods of PageProviderBase API which are: GetLocalPage, GetChildrenReferences and 2 overloads of ResolveLocalPage. Beside that, only Save method is implemented. This means that at the moment we're only able to save pages (no copying, moving, deleting, versioning etc.). Other features are being implemented and if anyone would like to contribute to this effort, you're welcome.
- All dough it is a porting of XmlPageProvider there is a slight diference. All the pages are saved in diferent xml files and those are separated by language.
- So typical path would be: ~ppFolder/en/10002_1_D53E2C70-0802-4c7c-9E87-9F2878D6AF66-3.0.xml
- File name has following pattern: <pageLinkID>_<versionid>_<pageGuid>-<pageVersionId>.<parentId>.xml
- This project starts as the attempt to learn new programming language and should be treated as such. If you have any suggestions as far as readability, efficiency and generally the quality of the code your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The code will be properly commented and cleaned ASAP (I promise).
- This is done as a free time project so I cannot give any certain times on when all the features will be available (all dough I promise they will).