Installing Commerce using Visual Studio extensions
With the update 56, we now have support for installing both the front-end site and Commerce Manager using the Visual Studio extension.
From now on, deployment center shouldn’t be used when installing a new empty commerce site. The steps to create a new site are:
- Create a new CMS site using the visual studio extension.
- Add the EPiServer.Commerce nuget package on the project.
- Add the EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration on the project.
- Create a new empty asp.net project in the solution.
- Add the EPiServer.CommerceManager nuget package on the empty asp.net project.
- Run update-epidatabase in the package manager console.
- Start the Commerce manager site (Set as startup project, and then Ctrl+F5).
- Run the front-end site.
As you can see, there is still some steps that needs to be performed after added a site using the Visual Studio extension, but the procedure is still much better than before. It should not take you more than 5 minutes to create a full Commerce site from Visual Studio.
To read more about how a commerce site should be installed, go to the updated installation document.