Per Nergård
Jun 4, 2012
(0 votes)

MobilePack 1.0 installation trouble–part two

A couple of months ago I wrote a blog post about some troubles I had installing MobilePack. Read the post here.

Last week a colleague of mine installed MobilePack on another site. This time an enterprise site and unfortunately had two minor issues and one major.

Minor issue 1:

Before installing MobilePack and you have verified that you have a VPP named “SiteGlobalFiles” do check that you have configured your start page page type to allow all other page types or else the installer will fail with a cryptic error.

Minor issue 2:

In an enterprise setup the example mobile site get’s installed on the first site specified in episerver.config regardless of which you choose when installing the module.

Major issue:

After the installation all seemed fine and we went on to other tasks. But it didn’t take long before we got reports of broken links.

After some investigation we found out that all links to files within PageFiles was now broken.

It turned out that the MobilePack installation deleted the location element in web.config for the PageFiles. We have reproduced this on two different machines running this particular site so we could eliminate user error.

Jun 04, 2012


Please login to comment.
Latest blogs
IDX21323 - RequireNonce is true, Nonce was null

We have multiple clients configured with Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Entra) for requiring authentication when accessing their website. The...

David Drouin-Prince | Oct 1, 2023 | Syndicated blog

Minimum Detectable Effect in Optimizely Web Experimentation

Understanding Minimum Detectable Effect Minimum Detectable Effect (MDE) is a core statistical calculation in Optimizely Web Experimentation. In...

Matthew Dunn | Oct 1, 2023 | Syndicated blog

Configured Commerce - Introduction to Long-Term Support (LTS) Releases

First off, for those who have not had a chance to meet me yet, my name is John McCarroll, and I am the Technical Product Manager for the Optimizely...

John McCarroll | Sep 29, 2023

Auto-translate with OpenAI in Optimizely CMS

You can now auto-translate content using your favorite online AI service, inside the old trustworthy Episerver.Labs.LanguageManager!

Tomas Hensrud Gulla | Sep 29, 2023 | Syndicated blog

Vulnerability in CMS 12 shell module configuration

Introduction A potential security vulnerability has been identified in Optimizely CMS 12, triggered by a certain shell module configuration. To be...

Magnus Rahl | Sep 28, 2023

AI-Assistant: The 'Change Tone' Shortcut

The AI-Assistant for Optimizely is constantly evolving, adjusting, and transforming to meet your digital needs, providing a cutting-edge advantage...

Luc Gosso (MVP) | Sep 27, 2023 | Syndicated blog