A quick guide to OMVP status
Hey there, Optimizely enthusiasts!
As someone passionate about everything Optimizely, you're likely familiar with the title of OMVP (Optimizely Most Valuable Professionals). This prestigious accolade is awarded to those who demonstrate exceptional expertise, commitment, and contribution. Today, let me share some inside tips on how you could join this elite group.
Essentially, an OMVP is a superstar in the Optimizely community. They are individuals who go out of their way to contribute meaningfully to this community beyond their regular job roles. Sounds like you? Well, then keep reading!
What makes an OMVP stand out? The crucial factor here is that contributions are external/public facing, or it is something that impacts the product directly which benefits the community. This means sharing your knowledge, expertise, and insights widely - not just within your organization or circle but on a broader scale. You can blog about all things related to Optimizely (tech, features, releases, bugs, events, analysts report, and more), post helpful videos, speak or help create content for events or webinars, or actively provide support on various forums (bug reports, beta tester, CAB - Customer Advisory Board, plan/host events, etc).
Here’s a little cheat code for ya: quality over quantity! While fielding questions on forums or publishing content regularly sounds impressive, what truly counts is the value your contributions add to the community. Are your blogs resolving common issues faced by users? Is your content helping others understand and use Optimizely's platform better?
Don’t forget to display your innovative side too! Implementing creative solutions (plug-ins/addons) using Optimizely tools and sharing these real-world applications can also make you stand out.
Get social! Speak/present to other enthusiasts in events or meetups (virtual ones count too!). Expanding your network will not only boost your learning but also give you that much-needed visibility within the community.
When applying for the OMVP status, consider submitting your application near the deadline (January 31st and July 31st). This approach will allow you more time to wrap up your contributions and ensure they are included in your application.
Finally, remember it's not a race but a journey towards becoming an OMVP. It requires consistent effort over time - so don’t be disheartened if it takes longer than anticipated. Keep contributing, keep learning and keep growing!
Becoming an OMVP is not just about mastering the technology; it's about sharing your passion and knowledge with others. So go ahead, start today and make your mark in the Optimizely community! And who knows, you might soon be wearing the crown of an OMVP!
Looking forward to seeing more of you in the community!
- Become a member: https://world.optimizely.com/community/omvp/become-a-member/
- Application and Nomination: https://world.optimizely.com/community/omvp/application-and-nomination/
- Current members: https://world.optimizely.com/community/omvp/members/
- Local Meetups: https://www.optimizely.com/local-dev-meetups/
- Virtual Happy Hour: https://world.optimizely.com/community/optimizely-dev-happy-hours/happy-hour-us/
- Beta programs: https://www.optimizely.com/beta/
- Nuget Feed: https://api.nuget.optimizely.com/
- App Directory: https://www.optimizely.com/apps/
- Slack community: https://join.slack.com/t/optimizely-community/shared_invite/zt-u3381bmd-XBhmbJPFoydyp7iF7raOkg
- Video Portal: https://world.optimizely.com/resources/videos/