Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hit counter, please

Vote:

Hello! I am trying to follow a tutorial for an ASP-hit counter. Will that work with EPI-server?

This is the tutorial:http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/ASP-Hit-Counter/1518

I can't get it to work. The test page i am creating displays nothing.

Oct 08, 2010 11:19
Vote:

No, EPiServer is based on ASP.NET so classic ASP includes won't work.

Oct 12, 2010 11:27
Vote:

So do you know how to make a hit counter within episerver?

Oct 19, 2010 15:09
Vote:

I am not sure what you would like!? An hit-counter for acticve visitors at the moment can be found in EPiTrace and Live Monitor. Both modueles are free for episerver cms 5 and cms 6(Live Monitor) these modules also have a very nice gui for displaying active visitors and on the page they are visiting.

If your ar looking for another hit-conuter you can probably find one if you google but be sure to search for asp.net counter

Oct 20, 2010 10:15
Vote:

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much.. At my work they only have EPIserver4 - We would like to see how many users are looking at some intranet-pages in order to justify their existence.

I have editor rights, as in I can create and delete pages and give others permission to view them, but I don't think I can access the data behind, so then I guess I can't see this epitrace or live monitor.

As for another asp.net-counter, it seems I can't just use the code in the editor-gui and put it inside the html-code of a page, I need access to the database "behind".

Edited, Oct 20, 2010 10:44
Vote:

Apr 04, 2011 11:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.