Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Are Forms localizable at all?

Vote:

Hi,

Is the content in EPiServer Forms localizable at all? There doesn't seem to be no language information associated to a Form or its fields.

For instance: I have a block using a "Book a demo" form. The block has an English and Swedish version. If I edit the form in the Swedish block, it affects the form in the English block.

Is there a proper way to do this or are forms just not localizable?

Thanks,

Helder

Feb 07, 2014 16:38
Vote:

Hi Helder!

Forms are currently not language aware at the moment. So you need to create one form per language.

Feb 07, 2014 16:55
Vote:

Hi Linus!

Thanks for your quick reply! Would XForms make any difference? I was reading http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/7/XForms/XForms/ but couldn't figure it out.

We have a client that are about to build their site and were looking into using xforms or EPiServer forms, but since they want to have 25 languages this might not be the best option.

Thanks,

Helder

Feb 07, 2014 17:06
Vote:

What do you mean with EPiServer Forms? The built in functionality to let an editor create forms is XForms

Feb 07, 2014 17:07
Vote:

Didn't realize they were the same thing - thanks Alf.

Edited, Feb 07, 2014 17:19
Vote:

Linus, do you know if making the forms language aware is planned?

Feb 10, 2014 11:38
Vote:

@Helder: There has been a discussion of making xforms first level content, just like blocks and media, to make it more aligned with the rest of the system and this would open up more posibilities to add for instance language awareness. However, this is nothing that is prioritized in the near future (at least not that I know about).

Feb 10, 2014 12:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.