Virtual Happy Hour this month, Jun 28, we'll be getting a sneak preview at our soon to launch SaaS CMS!

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Strange error in a Azure website, how to debug?

Vote:
 

I am converting our site (www.activesolution.se) to a Windows Azure website and it has gone pretty good but I have one error I have not been able to solve. The error does not show in development where I use the same database as in test in Windows Azure only in the Azure Website. The error is that this request:

http://secretsitename.azurewebsites.net/EPiServer/shell/Stores/metadata/EPiServer.Core.ContentData?modelAccessor=%7B%22contentLink%22%3A%22743_1438%22%7D&dojo.preventCache=1407250648516

Is giving me a 500-error and this message

Page could not be loaded

The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link.

I have WARN in logging and I do not get any error message in the log so I am not shore how to debug this and the error makes it impossible to edit anything so I must solve it somehow.

Anyone got any clue on how to debug this more?

#89004
Aug 05, 2014 17:08
Vote:
 

I changed to ALL in logging mode and there are no logging when doing this request, so it is very hard to know what is going wrong :(

#89014
Aug 05, 2014 20:26
Vote:
 

Have not tried it myself but the have added remote debugging support to Azure websites. Perhaps that and nuget packages with source files can help you?

http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/05/06/introduction-to-remote-debugging-on-azure-web-sites/

#89032
Edited, Aug 06, 2014 8:26
Vote:
 

Thanks Johan, I was just going to try out the remote debugging but it might not give anything, since there is no error thrown what I can see, the page behind is picking up the error and showing a friendly version it seems like.

Absolutly will the source code help me, can you point out what class and file to look in?

#89033
Aug 06, 2014 8:33
Vote:
 

It appears that we do not publish our nuget packges with source publically.

However I have heard that the latest version of Reflector comes with a handy feature that makes it possible to debug into third party code, see http://www.red-gate.com/products/dotnet-development/reflector/debugging. It is licensed but I guess you could take a trial period.

#89038
Aug 06, 2014 8:43
Vote:
 

Ok.
Will try that out.

#89039
Aug 06, 2014 8:50
Vote:
 

Johan, I found out what is the problem

I have Spellchecker installed in the site and after deploy to Azure, it can't find it:

System.ArgumentException: Unable to find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker, Version=1.0.1.75, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Parameter name: moduleAssembly
at EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToResource(Assembly moduleAssembly, String moduleRelativeResourcePath)
at EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToResource(Type typeInModuleAssembly, String moduleRelativeResourcePath)
at EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker.Helpers.ModuleHelper.ToResource(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.TinyMCESpellChecker.SpellCheckerPlugin.GetConfigurationOptions()
at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.RegisterPlugin(TinyMCEPlugIn plugin)
at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.AddToolbarRow(IList`1 buttonNames)
at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.PlugInAssembler.AddSettings(TinyMCESettings settings)
at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.TinyMCEInitOptions..ctor(InitType initType, IDictionary`2 options, TinyMCESettings settings, IContent content)
at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.ObjectEditing.EditorDescriptors.XhtmlStringEditorDescriptor.ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes)
at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.ApplyExtendersToMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes, IEnumerable`1 metadataHandlers)
at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.GetMetadataForProperties(ExtendedMetadata parent, Object container, Type containerType, IMetadataProvider customProvider)
at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtendedMetadata.get_Properties()
at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.ObjectEditing.SettingsPanelMetadataExtender.ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes)
at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.ApplyExtendersToMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable`1 attributes, IEnumerable`1 metadataHandlers)
at EPiServer.Shell.ObjectEditing.ExtensibleMetadataProvider.CreateMetadata(IEnumerable`1 attributes, Type containerType, Func`1 modelAccess

This is in the AppData-folders modules and modulesrepro, maby I have to upload them manually with ftp

#89055
Aug 06, 2014 12:34
Vote:
 

The page was logging, my site was just not doing the logging, now it logs all as error

#89056
Aug 06, 2014 12:47
Vote:
 

Solved it.
It was spellchecker that was not properly installed after converting to Windows Azure.

I solved it by removing spellchecker from the site

Good to know is that addon can be a problem in Windows Azure

#89057
Aug 06, 2014 12:55
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.