Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 7.15.0.0 and error messages

Vote:

Hi,

I'm using SquishIt in one of the EPiServer projects.
Everything works fine on my local machine, even when I use .ForceRelase(), but on the test server I'm getting a login page.
If I use .ForceDebug() on the test server, then everything works fine but js / css files are not bundled.

I guess that EPiServer / ASP.NET throws an exception for some reason, but I don't know which one.
Error log is empty, and I see nothing strange in network tab (google chrome dev tools).

Can I configure EPiServer to show error messages instead of the login page, or do I have to manually log error messages by attaching to some events in Global.asax.cs?

Jan 19, 2015 15:48
Vote:

I played a bit with Error Handling under Admin / Config / System Settings, and noticed that application cannot modify web.config file.

After granting Full Control to AppPool Identity user, everything works fine.

Jan 21, 2015 12:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.