Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade from CMS7.5 to 7.18 and Commerce 7.5 to 8.5

Vote:

Hi,

I was upgrade Episerver project from 7.5 to 7.18 and Commerce 7.5 to 8.5.  It went fine on my local but when i deploy project to production i got this error 

The database has not been updated to the version '7013.0', current database version is '7006.0'. Update the database by running the cmdlet 'update-epidatabase' in the package manager console.

i run  Export-EPiUpdates and got EpiUpdatePackage folder then copied package to server and run bat file. It doesn't work anyway. Where is EpiUpdatePackage folder should be?  is it special way to run this bat file? if bat file doesn't work so have other solution that i can try?

Jan 16, 2015 9:31
Vote:

Hi,

Just to make sure, you were following our guide here: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Updating-EPiServer-via-NuGet/, under "Applying transforms to production environment."

And when you say the bat file didn't work, did you get an error? Could you post the error?

Jan 16, 2015 18:09
Vote:

Hi Richly,

Thanks for your anwswer. i was run bat file in the wrong way and now database is the updated.

another problem now is   error 404 in cms login page (/Util/login.aspx) 

here what i got in log file.

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Util/login.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Jan 19, 2015 12:39
Vote:

Hi Wantana, 

The login should be in one of the zip files in modules/_protected. Did these files get updated on the server as well? Usally they aren't part of the prodject and wouldn't be added to a VS deployment package if you ran it that way.

Jan 19, 2015 13:51
Vote:

Hi Petter, thanks for your answers.

modules/_protected/CMS/Episerver.Cms.Shell.UI.zip files is already there. Is another config file that i missed?

Jan 19, 2015 15:12
Vote:

How was the files deployed to the server? Are you copying localy from your machine or is it a buildserver doing the work for you?

Jan 20, 2015 11:31
Vote:

I was upgraded project to the last package(50) and deploy again then everything went fine. i dont know exactly what is the problem. Thank you Petter and Richly for helping

Jan 20, 2015 13:19
Vote:

Great to hear things are working!

Jan 20, 2015 16:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.