Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import content as specific language

Vote:

I am migrating content from CMS 6 R2 to 7.5. The old site only had Swedish activated as a language, whereas the new site has both Swedish and English.

I would now like to take the content from the old 6 R2 site and import it to the English language node on the new site. However, when I attempt this, the imported content is marked as Swedish. Is there any way, at import or later, to specify what language is assigned to content?

Nov 09, 2015 12:09
Vote:

Hi,

I don;t think that you could simply select the target language.

For EPiServer 6 there is a master language change tool http://blog.najmanowicz.com/2009/04/06/advanced-language-manipulation-tool-for-episerver/

Maybe you could switch your EPiServer 6 into English using this tool. Then export the content and import into EPiServer 7 as English.

You could also ytu to change the language from Swedishto English after you import the content into EPi 7. Then you need to do manual database update (I never heared about a tool for this). You need to update tblLanguageBranch data. There is a forum question about it: http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/EPiServer-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2013/6/Change-master-language/

And also you could try to export the content and then edit export files. Export data are stored in XML format, so I beleve that it's possible.

Nov 09, 2015 20:30
Vote:

Thanks Grzegorz!

The easiest way to achieve this in my case was to edit the XML as you suggested. In the file epix.xml, I changed all occurrences of

<Name>PageMasterLanguageBranch</Name><Value>sv</Value>

to

<Name>PageMasterLanguageBranch</Name><Value>en</Value>
Nov 10, 2015 11:25
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.