Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Routing in CMS mode

Vote:

Hi guys,

I create page in admin site under CMS (i.e. CMS/MyCustomAdminPage) with Menu Provider.

[MenuProvider]
    public class CmsMenuProvider : IMenuProvider
    {
        public IEnumerable GetMenuItems()
        {
            UrlMenuItem urlMenuItem = new UrlMenuItem("My Custom Admin Page", "/global/cms/MyCustomAdminPage", "/modules/MyCustomAdminPage/Home");
            urlMenuItem.IsAvailable = (request => true);
            urlMenuItem.SortIndex = 100;

return new MenuItem[]
            {
                //sectionMenuItem, 
                urlMenuItem
            };
        }
    }

My files structures like

- AlloySampleSite
  - modules
     - MyCustomAdminPage
       - Controllers
       - Views

When I clicked on menu, system redirect to MyCustomAdminPage with urgly url "AlloySampleSite/modules/MyCustomAdminPage/Home". How can I rewrite url like "AlloySampleSite/Episerver/MyCustomAdminPage" with authentication editor permission?

Jan 12, 2016 9:27
Vote:

You can normally override routing to set up paths...see custom routing in Episerver for this. Location tags in web.config are normally used to restrict access. Check out setting for how Episerver locks down edit mode in web.config to webadmins etc.

Feb 03, 2016 23:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.