Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 9 CMS Shortcut not working



I have two pages int he CMS - both pages are of the same page Type and are 4 tiers down in the site structure.

If I use the Shortcut feature to "Fetch content from page in EPiServer CMS" it dosen't work and I see the empty content of the page instead of the content of the page I have linked to.

If I test this scenario further up the tree for example on the root - it works about 90% of the time. The other 10% is using a Root page linked to a lower level page.

Does anyone know how this can work?

I hope this makes sense,


Jun 14, 2016 11:51

Fetch content from page in EPiServer CMS will basically get the properties from the target page and use them instead. This will only work if you don't have anything in each property. If you have a space in the MainBody for example, that property is not null and will therefore not be fetched from the other page. This works on a per property basis...

As long as you render properties based on the current page this will work great, using Html.PropertyFor or similar. If you have custom logic in view or controller it can sometimes mess up things. Hope that helps...

It won't matter where in structure you are. But some of those pages probably have properties that are not null (but maybe have a space or similar) and the Fetch content from page will then not work for that reason.

Happy coding!

Edited, Jun 14, 2016 13:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.