Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Stay in AllProperties view after publishing

Vote:

One of our content managers had a question regarding the AllProperties view and publishing changes:
Is it possible to somehow stay in AllProperties view after you've clicked 'Publish'?
At the moment, when you click 'Publish' the page itself is reloaded and you enter preview mode again...

I know you can change the default view of a Page or Block, but this is about staying in either Preview or AllProperties after publishing.

Cheers, Reinder

Jun 28, 2016 11:35
Vote:

I know this is not what you're asking for, but I often find editors using the publish button waaaay to often. Teach them how to just use the save button, if they are on an older version of Episerver, and just use the publishing feature when they really want to publish content. If they want to preview their changes, don't use the publishing button, instead use the built-in preview functionality. This way they're not taken to the preview all the time and then have to go to All Properties view again.

In Episerver 7+ the publishing button is not saving anything, this is done automatically in the background and all the button does is to change the draft to a published version instead. So basically no need to hit that publishing button all the time.

Jun 28, 2016 14:26
Vote:

Thanks for your reply Johan!
That certainly is something I will discuss with the editors. 

I was just wondering if there's an easy fix for this, or maybe even just a setting somewhere.

Jun 30, 2016 9:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.