Media file corrupted

Vote:

Hi all,

We are having an issue with one web site running on EpiServer 7.5. 

One user report us that she is not being able to delete some media files. Once she selects "Move to Trash" the loading gif appears and then nothing. The gif dissapears and the file remains there.

I debug the issue using inspect tool and find thar there is an exception being thrown. This is the stack:

Error occuredUser IPUser AgentUrlReferer

7/13/2016 9:07:37 AM
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
http://www.mysite.com/episerver/cms/Stores/contentreferences/11211
(none)

Exception details: 

ContentNotFoundException: Content with Guid "94dafbab-dff9-4ae1-ae04-0948b5b5c77b" was not found

Stack trace:

[ContentNotFoundException: Content with Guid "94dafbbb-dff9-4ae4-ae04-0948b5b5c77b" was not found]
   at EPiServer.DataFactory.Get[T](Guid contentGuid, ILanguageSelector languageSelector)
   at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Rest.ContentReferenceModelCreator.GetTreePath(IContent content)
   at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Rest.ContentReferenceModelCreator.Create(ReferenceInformation reference)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.ItemRange.ApplyTo[T](IEnumerable`1 items)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.CollectionExtensions.ApplyRange[T](IEnumerable`1 items, ItemRange requestedRange)
   at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Rest.ContentReferenceStore.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__0(IContent c)
   at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Rest.RestStatusUtil.ExecuteWithSecurityCheck[T](ContentReference contentLink, IContentRepository contentRepository, AccessLevel accessLevel, Func`2 func)
   at EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Rest.ContentReferenceStore.Get(ContentReference id, ItemRange range)
   at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__10()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.RestControllerBase.ExecuteCore()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.RestHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

So I can asume that the media file is corrupted because it can't be found.

My question:
Is there any way to fix this media file or deleted without doing it from the DB?

And

What can be causing this behaviour on the files? So we can avoid it in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2016 15:19
Vote:

Also, I checked this item folder and specific privileges, and the user logged in can deleted files. 

So I discard that it is a privileges issue.

Another thing interesting is that I upload a new file with the same name, after replacing it, I have the same problem I still can't move it Trash.

Jul 13, 2016 16:06
Vote:

Anybody? I need to resolve this issue, is it a reported bug?

Aug 09, 2016 19:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.