After having installed EPiServer Mail 9.0.0 and upgraded EPiServer CMS to the latest version (on a local test server), we're getting the following error:
While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch" the following error(s) was reported: - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Community, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'EPiServer.Community, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7
We are indeed using EPiServer Mail but not EPiServer Community. On the other hand, the two seem connected.
Any ideas on how to resolve the errror?
EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.3.1EPiServer.CMS.UI 10.3.1EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 10.3.1EPiServer.CommonFramework 8.0.0EPiServer.Framework 10.3.1EPiServer.Mail 9.0.0
I got the same problem, and I simply copied the Episerver.community.dll, and episerver.community.licensing.dll from the correct nuget package of episerver.community to a /lib folder and referenced them "the old way". It looks like someone at episerver may have episerver.community in his/her GAC and forgot they were referenced by epierver mail when building the nuget package.
We will fix this bug. Thank you.
Hi all, Thank you for your information!
EPiServer Mail 9.0.0 is built compatible with CMS10 and Episerver Relate (which come along with EPiServer.Community, and that why when you reference community DLLs manually the error is gone) so EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch.dll might be needed.If you want to install Mail only, just remove EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch reference from your project and it should run properly.
We will update the document, readme file, install script... on the next release package to make Mail work with projects with/without EPiServer.Community.
You might have to remove EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch.dll from bin folder
I removed the reference inside Visual Studio and cleaned up the assembly redirect in Web.config. Now it seems to be working!