Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Getting "Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Community, Version=8.0.0.0"

Vote:

Hi!

After having installed EPiServer Mail 9.0.0 and upgraded EPiServer CMS to the latest version (on a local test server), we're getting the following error:

While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch" the following error(s) was reported:

- System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Community, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'EPiServer.Community, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7

We are indeed using EPiServer Mail but not EPiServer Community. On the other hand, the two seem connected.

Any ideas on how to resolve the errror?

Additional info:

EPiServer.CMS.Core 10.3.1
EPiServer.CMS.UI 10.3.1
EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 10.3.1
EPiServer.CommonFramework 8.0.0
EPiServer.Framework 10.3.1
EPiServer.Mail 9.0.0

//Marcus

Jan 16, 2017 14:51
Vote:

I got the same problem, and I simply copied the Episerver.community.dll, and episerver.community.licensing.dll from the correct nuget package of episerver.community to a /lib folder and referenced them "the old way". It looks like someone at episerver may have episerver.community in his/her GAC and forgot they were referenced by epierver mail when building the nuget package.

Edited, Jan 19, 2017 13:53
Vote:

<p>This issue can be replicated on Alloy site, Need help from EPiserver team (I have submitted feed back as bug).<br />/K</p>
Jan 19, 2017 14:57
Vote:

We will fix this bug. Thank you.

Jan 20, 2017 8:01
Vote:

Hi all, Thank you for your information!

EPiServer Mail 9.0.0 is built compatible with CMS10 and Episerver Relate (which come along with EPiServer.Community, and that why when you reference community DLLs manually the error is gone) so EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch.dll might be needed.
If you want to install Mail only, just remove EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch reference from your project and it should run properly.

Remove EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch

We will update the document, readme file, install script... on the next release package to make Mail work with projects with/without EPiServer.Community.

You might have to remove EPiServer.Mail.Sources.EPiServerCommunitySearch.dll from bin folder

Edited, Jan 23, 2017 4:35
Vote:

Thanks!

I removed the reference inside Visual Studio and cleaned up the assembly redirect in Web.config. Now it seems to be working!

Jan 23, 2017 10:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.