Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page crashing after emptying recycle bin

Vote:

Hi,

We are using Epi CMS 7.5

Yesterday our production site went down after manually emptying the trash bin. We did it because we fetch global texts based on pagetypes and basically it does 

var contentReference = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance().ListContentOfContentType(pt).FirstOrDefault();

The obvious problem being that it gets the first page of this type. So we were removing and old page with a lower ID to get it to fetch the correct texts.

So what happened is that one of the pages/blocks in the bin were referenced somewhere which originally broke the whole page which we fixed pretty quickly.
However some parts of the page still didn't work, after some digging we found out it's because of some sort of Epi-cache. So when we just republished the pages it started to work again.

So while googling to mitigate the risk of this happening again i found this thread http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Problems-and-bugs/Thread-Container/2014/3/CMS-75-Deleted-content-and-its-references/

Which says this is a known bug but I'm unable to find any more documentation around it, so I guess I have three questions.

1. Is this the bug that caused our problem?
  2. Can you help me find a consistent way to reproduce it? (We are currently unable to)
  3. Where can I read more about this bug and is it solved in Epi version 10? (We are going to update soonish)

Thanks a lot!

Erik

Edited, Feb 24, 2017 14:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.