Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE code plugin: Is it possible to display the special characters as characters and not the entity number when viewing source code?

Vote:

Hi,

When we upgraded to EPi11 from EPi10 the source code view using the "code" plugin started to display html entity number instead of the actual characters for special characters. Is it possible to have the source code view display the characters again and not the html entity number? 

/Tony

Sep 13, 2019 10:33
Vote:

I looked into the settings now and it seems that only the width and height options are possible.

Sep 13, 2019 10:56
Vote:

However, the question still stands. Is it possible to show characters and now html entities some other way?

Sep 13, 2019 11:00
Vote:

There are some of the reserved symbols that must be converted into their html representation. If you see, when I added these symbols

!@#$%^&*()

These were converted into following (while viewing in source code).

<p><sup>!@#$%^&amp;*()</sup></p>

You can refer this article for more information related to it

https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/html-tutorial/html-entities.php

Thanks

Sep 17, 2019 15:25
Vote:

But is there a configuration to show html entities as their actual characters while viewing source code? In the project I am working on there used to be no html entities in source code view. But after upgrading from EPi 10 to EPi 11 the source code view starting displaying html entites instead

Edited, Sep 17, 2019 15:40
Vote:

You can use configuration option "entity_encoding"

tinyMCE.init({    

entity_encoding : "raw"

});

May 12, 2021 4:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.