Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple page trees under root

Vote:

Hi!

I am wondering if it is possible to have multiple pagetrees under root, without changing to a multisite license. 

What are the pros and cons of structuring a site like this?

The reason is to separate extranet and intranet.

Dec 04, 2020 6:43
Vote:

You can have multiple page trees under the root, as that is not what determines if the solution is multi-site. I've done this a couple time, for example if I want to have a separate content "bucket" outside of the main site page tree. It's not done very often, but it's certainly possible to do.

It becomes multi-site when you have multiple websites configured in Admin mode, usually when you have multiple hostnames, and each site points to a different start page (usually each start page is a child of the root).

Is your extranet and intranet on different hostnames?

Dec 05, 2020 4:10
Vote:

That is not decided yet. Could we have different hostnames without a multisite license?

Dec 07, 2020 7:41
Vote:

Yes. You can point multiple hostnames to the site, but they would all be pointed to the same start page:

Dec 07, 2020 15:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.