Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to add multiple episerver databases to one web application?

Vote:

My web application has multiple tenants,  expected display should be based on Logged in user.

For example: If logged in user belongs to user group "A" - then expected whole CMS content is "A-display" 
If the logged in user belongs to user group "B" - then expected whole CMS content is "B-display".

Currently, my application is uses one connection string to one single episerver database.
Could you please advise me how do i set the unique CMS content for my every user group.
Please advise.

Mar 25, 2022 12:47
Vote:

Hi Srinivas,

I think there are a couple of options, both based on security groups.  You can create group 'A' and group 'B', you can then restrict access to the CMS content based on these groups.

Option 1

Off the site root, you create two nodes 'SiteA' and 'SiteB', then restrict access to each node by the security groups you created. When a user logs into the site you can then direct them to the correct node.

Option 2

Alternately you can create separate instances, one for each of your requirements, again you would restrict access based on the security group.  These would also have different hostnames and depending on how you host also require additional licensing.

https://world.optimizely.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/Deployment/Setting-up-multiple-sites/

Either way, you should not look at trying to use multiple databases.  I am not sure it is even possible, rather you should with the CMS rather than against it.

Hope this helps

Mar 25, 2022 21:32
Vote:

Hello Srinivas, Not sure what version you are using. You can use Vistor Groups for this to accomplish - https://world.optimizely.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/personalization/developing-custom-visitor-group-criteria/

Note that you can set them according to the roles of current users and use them on content areas/RTEs etc. 

Apr 04, 2022 8:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.