Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Copy entire media tree to new site

Vote:

Hi,

I'm curious to see if its possible to copy an entire media-tree including all the pictures, videos, pdf's etc and with the same folder structure from one site to another?
There is no need to maintain the current relations between theese items and the corresponding blocks/pages.
Both sites are using CMS 11 and they are hosted in DXP.

Whats the best solution to make this happen? And what options do I have?

Jun 22, 2022 7:05
Vote:

Do you also need to maintain the data on the target environment?

• If not you could simply use PaasPortal to copy both daabase and blobs UP from int to preprod or preprod to production. (Reach out to support if you want to move DOWN

If it's just the blobs you want to move in isolation then I also assume you want to keep the references in the database to these blobs as you mentioned the media-tree.

Jun 22, 2022 7:45
Vote:

Hi Surjit,

Yes that would've worked if it was int/pre -> prod etc. The thing is that this is another site so its not just a different environment of the same site if you know what I mean.

I'll give that other option a try, thanks!

Jun 22, 2022 9:34
Vote:

I agree, the built-in export/import functionality is probably your best bet. Note that if the file is large, you may get errors on the import -- you'll need to update your config to allow uploading bigger files.

If you want a copy of the assets in the same folder structure, and don't care about the assets getting new GUIDs in the new database, this approach could also work:

Jun 27, 2022 17:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.