Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS-style rendering

Vote:

Hi,

I'm struggeling to get my head around how I can render my products - and catalog in my CMS. I have made the following class:

[CatalogContentType]
public class CatalogEntry : NodeContent
{
}

But it fails with the following error:

The system class has got read only fields.

The stacktrace ends at: Mediachase.MetaDataPlus.Configurator.MetaClass.DoAddField(MetaField metaField, Int32 weight) +302

It sounds a bit like a database error.

I'm using CatalogRouteHelper.MapDefaultHierarchialRouter to create the routes and it gives me a "Server error: The resource cannot be found." when specifying a route that should exist and "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" otherwise, so something is working, but can't get my head around where it looks for the template and how I specify them.

Dec 09, 2013 10:41
Vote:

Could it be the name "CatalogEntry"? The name of the class will be used to create the meta class definition if you don't specify a name in the attribute, and CatalogEntry could perhaps collide with system fields somehow.

Dec 10, 2013 20:25
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.