Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable Legacy Marketing System

Vote:

I may be completly overlooking this in the documentation, but....

How do I disable the legacy marketing system?  I was able to turn on the Episerver beta features, and I have access to the new (BETA) Marketing system, but I would like to disable the legacy marketing system.  How do I do this?

Feb 11, 2016 14:49
Vote:

Hi,

When you turn on the new system (by IFeatureSwitch), the legacy marketing system will automatically be disabled.

Regards,

/Q

Feb 11, 2016 14:58
Vote:

Interesting, IFeatureSwitch, I have not done that yet.

I enabled the marketing beta view by adding the following to the providers section in my web.config:

<add name="EPiBetaUsers" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators" mode="Any" />

I think i found the documentation I need, is this correct?

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Commerce/8/Marketing/workflows-beta/

Feb 11, 2016 15:02
Vote:

Yes,

EPiBetaUsers stuff allows you to access the new Marketing UI, while IFeatureSwitch is actual turning the engine on.

/Q

Feb 11, 2016 15:04
Vote:

I don't get it, i upgraded to version 9.20, and is seems that my old promotions stopped working.

How do i temporarly go back to legacy system?

How do i know what marketing system is activated?

My Featurelist is empty

var featureSwitch = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IFeatureSwitch>();
featureSwitch.InitializeFeatures();
var list = featureSwitch.Features; // list is 0

ecf.marketing.config looks like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Marketing>
  <Connection connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" />
  <Cache enabled="true" promotionTimeout="0:1:0" campaignTimeout="0:1:0" policyTimeout="0:1:0" segmentTimeout="0:1:0" expressionTimeout="0:1:0" />
  <MappedTypes>
    <ExpressionValidatorType name="Mediachase.Commerce.Marketing.Validators.RulesExprValidator,Mediachase.Commerce.Marketing.Validators" />
    <PromotionEntryPopulateFunctionType name="Mediachase.Commerce.Marketing.Validators.PromotionEntryPopulate,Mediachase.Commerce.Marketing.Validators" />
  </MappedTypes>
  <Roles />
</Marketing>

Regards

Aug 22, 2016 11:14
Vote:

Hi Gosso,

You can explicitly turn off the new promotion system by this:

locator.GetInstance<IFeatureSwitch>().DisableFeature(WorkflowsVNext.FeatureWorkflowsVNext);

Or in ecf.app.config (not ecf.marketing.config)

<Features>
<add feature="WorkflowsVNext" state="Disabled" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Core.Features.WorkflowsVNext, Mediachase.Commerce" />
</Features>

However it's strange. Upgrading site to 9.20 should not change the state of VNextFeature. Did you create a new site?

/Q

Aug 22, 2016 11:31
Vote:

Allright, it didnt help to disable. Anyhow I got it wrong in our logic. My bad.

We have free shipping for Customer Group "Internal" in legacy system Commerce Manager UI. When i thought it didnt worked i supposed it had to do with the upgrade and not having any Campains in the new Marketing UI.

So still New Marketing system is in beta? And you have to activate it then. OK.

Aug 22, 2016 11:53
Vote:

The new marketing system came out of BETA in Commerce 9.19. It is not "finished" - new features and API:s will still be added, but it's now stable enough and no breaking changes should be introduced to the API:s without following sematic versioning rules.

Aug 22, 2016 11:55
Vote:

yeah thanks, im missing a "free shipping for specific visitor group" discount (without having to specify an minimum amount spent, since we do have free products). I guess i have to build a custom promo. Regards

Aug 22, 2016 12:06
Vote:

Should this method for disabling the feature also remove the Commerce -> Marketing link from the menu?

We need to remove this from the site before a release in case it confuses the editors

Aug 24, 2016 21:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.