Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

What dose [Legacy] imply in the documentation?

Vote:

Hi,

When reading the documentation many articles are marked as Legacy, what does this imply?

Regards
Jesper

Jan 16, 2017 12:25
Vote:

There is something else you should be using...

For instance, XForms is the old way of doing forms that editors can creat and Forms addon is the new...

XForms is then marked as legacy as a "heads up" that you shouldn't use this functionality in new solutions

Jan 16, 2017 12:43
Vote:

Hi,

In cases we have two systems side by side, such as the old and new promotion system, then [Legacy] is for the old system. Of course we always recommend you to evaluate and move to the new systems because they are generally better (faster, easier to work with, more reliable and robust,...)

Jan 16, 2017 13:25
Vote:

Ok, that was my suspicion. But for some articles there is no suggested replacement. For exampel all articles under Order management is Legacy but no indication on what else we should be using or am I blind? Take taxes for exampel, cant find any replacements anywhere.

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/orders/order-management-legacy/Taxes/

Jan 16, 2017 14:14
Vote:

The new order system is the abstraction APIs, which is documented in the outer scope. Regarding taxes, you can find information here: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/orders/calculating-orders/ 

Jan 16, 2017 14:17
Vote:

Thanks for the explanation and link to the new taxes. It would be nice with a link from the old to the new if somebody have some time to spare =)

But as I understand it the changes only effects how you work with them in code and not how you configure them in the commerce manager?

Jan 16, 2017 14:54
Vote:

Yes, it does.

With the new abstraction APIs, you can plug your implemenation of taxes easier - such as use an external service for calculate taxes for example. However the configured taxes in CM will still work with default implementation.

Regards,

/Q

Jan 16, 2017 14:57
Vote:

Ok, I think I get the picure. Thanks for clering that up.

Regards
Jesper

Jan 16, 2017 15:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.