Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Too many exceptions bringing the site down

Vote:

Hey Guys,

Using Commerce 12.17.2 and CMS 11.11.2

We have a site hosted on a Azure webapp, the site goes down randomly. Upon looking into Application Insights, I found that there are a lot of exceptions being triggered similar to a couple of examples below:

Example 1:

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/c-46-table-top.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.<>c__DisplayClass285_0.<ExecuteStepImpl>b__0()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Example 2:

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/XM1353A-3L-Resin-Car-w-Package-Ornament-3-Styles-XM1353A/~/link/c1bafcfc9f5842d49e89af53ee6e0c9b.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.<>c__DisplayClass285_0.<ExecuteStepImpl>b__0()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I looked at similar issues faced by people and looked into tblWorkContent table, and the LinkURLs look fine (they all have a GUID). Below is the sql query I ran:

select * from tblWorkContent where LinkURL like '%.aspx%'

I am unable to find the .aspx pages which are causing the exception. 

Any lead on this will be very helpful for me.

Oct 10, 2019 4:22
Vote:

Hi Sid,

1. Have you changed the Blob provider recently?
  2. Are you using multiple variants of templates for rendering the content? Like - Small device, Medium device, etc.. If yes then you can refer http://www.benramey.com/2014/03/27/episerver-7-the-file-linkguid-aspx-does-not-exist-error/
  3. You are getting these errors in the local environment as well?
Edited, Oct 10, 2019 8:07
Siddharth Gupta - Oct 11, 2019 3:51
Hi Ravindra,

1. No the Blob provider is the same.
2.No we are using the same templates.
3. I don't seem to have these errors on local.
Vote:

link/c1bafcfc9f5842d49e89af53ee6e0c9b.aspx is actually a "permanent" link, and there is no such page. Looks like you have a wrong configuration with your virtual path. I'd suggest to contact developer support service for further assistance 

Oct 10, 2019 10:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.