Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can I implement a multi-store marketplace with EPiServer Commerce?

Vote:

We are migrating products from a UCommerce database and the client was using the following structure for their products:

• Stores / catalog groups
    • Catalogs
      • categories
        • products

I noticed that EPiServer Commerce provides catalogs but I was not able to find the equivalent for the structure I am trying to achieve, what's the best approach ? 

Thank you

Jan 15, 2021 12:53
Vote:

In Episerver commerce, we can manage the same structure. 

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/catalogs/catalog-content/

VariationContent A type for variant/SKU models.
ProductContent A type for product models.
BundleContent A type for bundle models.
PackageContent A type for package models.
NodeContent A type for category/node models.

Please refer Quick Silver for code sample  https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver

Jan 15, 2021 16:56
- Jan 15, 2021 17:06
Thank you for your answer, what's the best type to bind with a "store" in EPiServer commerce ?
Sanjay Kumar - Jan 15, 2021 17:16
The store should be a "catalog type" but not Stores/catalog groups, on the top of the catalog we can't create store this is out of box functionality.
Vote:

In Epi, "Catalog Root" is the top most item (comes by default). Under that you can create multiple catalogs and assicuation to your front end CMS sites.

Here "Fashion" (in the left panel) is the catalog and you can create catagories/subcatagories under it. NodeContent is the base class that is responsible to category item. You can inherit it to create multi level hierarchy for categories.

Jan 17, 2021 5:31
- Jan 17, 2021 17:01
Thanks Praful, just to confirm, I should match: (legacy) store > catalog > category > product with (episerver commerce) catalog > category > sub-category > product, is that right ?
Praful Jangid - Jan 18, 2021 4:44
Correct..
In above comment, (by Sanjay) he provided names of the base classes for each of the type (that comes with commerce) to create your different commerce nodes.
Vote:

Commerce support a very wide range of setup, some is easy to do than others, but we can cover 99% of the cases. I guess you should understand some basic structure of catalog first. This gives some ideas https://leanpub.com/proepiservercommerce/read_sample (shameless plug)

Jan 18, 2021 9:04
- Jan 18, 2021 10:57
Thanks Quan .. I think I will match (legacy) store > catalog > category > product with (episerver commerce) catalog > category > sub-category > product ..
Sanjay Kumar - Jan 18, 2021 11:18
Correct! this the way we can manage n-level categories and products.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.