SaaS CMS has officially launched! Learn more now.

The virtual path maps to another application,

Vote:

I have created a default site and tried ading a page template which it complained about saying... could nto find <episerver> settings or something. I tried again and this time it complained about not being able to access the db to add it to edit mode, but it went and added the page anyway.

This worked as I set the page to the start page in VS and ran it with no probs.

I then went into admin mode and added it as a page type giving it the correct path etc... but it gives me this error

Server Error in '/website' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The virtual path '/templates/etc...' maps to another application, which is not allowed.  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The virtual path '/templates/etc...' maps to another application, which is not allowed. Source Error:  An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.   Stack Trace:   [ArgumentException: The virtual path '/templates/etc...' maps to another application, which is not allowed.]    System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfNotWithinAppRoot() +3199922    System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(VirtualPath filePath, VirtualPath pathInfo, String queryString, Boolean setClientFilePath) +63    System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String filePath, String pathInfo, String queryString, Boolean setClientFilePath) +51    EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.BeginRequestEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e) +585    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

May 07, 2008 17:03
Vote:

This was a strange one, I put a tilda in front of my page url... it then worked but when I went page to view the page url the tilda had been removed? Nothin gelse had changed? Rather odd behaviour
May 08, 2008 12:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.