Search-related problems

Vote:

Hi, Im using EPiServer 5 R2 SP1 and got some questions regarding search in episerver..

Not all files in my VPP folders (im using VirtualPathVersioningProvider) seems to be indexed. Doing a search using the search-tool in File Managerment only returns a few files (only images) and not all matches, I have tried to search on filename without success, so I believe its because not all files have been indexed. Is it possible to reindex all files again or find out why not all files have been indexed by the indexingservice?

Im using the SearchDataSource webcontrol to search for pages, but it seems like SearchDataSource only returns pages that are published. Is it possible to get unpublished pages (with status "Ready to publish" / "Not ready" ) aswell?

In File Managerment Im trying to search for all jpgs by entering "*.jpg" in the filename field but it doesnt return any files. I have also tried to do the same search programmatically by using UnifiedSearchQuery and UnifiedSearchHitCollection.Search() without success. The documentation ( http://sdk.episerver.com/library/CMS5/html/P_EPiServer_Web_Hosting_UnifiedSearchQuery_FileNamePattern.htm ) says "A pattern could be "*.jpg" to find all images of this type.". Bug?

Anyone got any ideas?

/johan

Aug 25, 2009 11:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.