Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

(EPi 4.62) How do I retain navigation "placement" when displaying a page retrieved from another place in the tree structure?

Vote:

I have the following navigation structure:

-MySite
-- Calendar 
--- Event 1
--- Event 2
--- Event 3
-- Page A
-- Page B
--- MyCalendar

I have a global calendar page, where all new events are created. Then in Page B, I have a menu item called MyCalendar which retrieves events (pages) from the global calendar.

The problem is that when I click the event (page), I am re-directed to MySite->Calendar, thus loosing my current navigation  (MyPage->Page B -> Calendar).

Is there anyway I can keep my navigation and still be able to fetch and display an event page from the global calendar?

Jan 29, 2010 16:11
Vote:

There is a way, but not the one you would like I quess :)

If yoy link to MyCalender with an extra query attribute to the event, you can display that event instead of the calender.

or you could link to Event 3 with a query attribute to myCalender's page id and use that insted of current page's id to display the menu and navigation stuff.

I dont like either of the methods, but I think there is you only options.

Jan 31, 2010 17:00
Vote:

Humm... yeah, I think I will go for the solution behind door # 2 - putting the page ID in the query attribute.

A third and even more nast way, is offcours to use IFRAME.

Feb 03, 2010 9:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.