404 File Not Found - Virtual Path Provider problem maybe

Vote:

Hi guys

i'm in the process of migrating a 4.62b site and are having some problems with accessing the migrated files. When i try to download a file, i get the 404 File not found ISS message.

I have moved the site from a server to my local mashine, and copied the VPP files and changed the web.config acordingly.

When i open the file manager in episerver, i can see all the files there, but when i dubble-click a file, i get the 404 error message. The url looks right.

I'm running IIS 5.1 and i have given the ASP.net account and IIS account full access to the VPP folder.

So, it's like the VPP isn't picking up the file request, or something like that.

Any ideas on how i can solve the issue or get closer to a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 09, 2010 11:54
Vote:

I have solved the issue.

It turns out that you need to add a handler for all requests to the IIS, so they go to asp.net.

In IIS 5.1 this is done by going to Website->Properties->Home Directory->button Configuration... ->button Add. Then type in Executable=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll 
Extension=.*
All Verbs
Script engine

In IIS 6 it's the same place, just a little different. Take a look, it's obvious.

Hope this helps someone,
/Martin

Aug 09, 2010 16:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.