Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changing the master language on the site

Vote:

Hi , i want to know once i deployed the site on the server then i have give bydefault the US as a default site.is there any option through which we can change it to some other language when visitor visit the site.

Apr 06, 2012 10:17
Vote:

You can use a tool like Advanced Language Manipulation Tool to switch the master language of a site, but not sure if that's actually want you want to do. Could you give is some more details about your current setup and what you want to accomplish?

Frederik

Apr 06, 2012 18:24
Vote:

Sounds like he wants to not actually change the master language, but show content in a language relevant to the visitor's location or other criteria.

Seems like a classic case for using Visitor Groups in CMS 6 R2.

Have a look at this blog post and see if this is what you need: http://tedgustaf.com/en/blog/2011/10/create-new-visitor-group-criterion-in-episerver/

Apr 07, 2012 22:59
Vote:

Hi  Frederik Vig,Arild ,

Thanks for yorr reply .i wanted that without advance language toolkit is there any other option to change the master language.

like what i have done is we have given en-US is the master language so whenever anyone try to visit the site it will redirect to the us site but now we dnt want to redirect to the US site.so please help.

Apr 09, 2012 11:50
Vote:

I would take a look at the Globalization tech-note and see if that can get you on the right track. Feel free to post questions here, but we need some more context to be able to help.

Frederik

Apr 09, 2012 12:04
Vote:

<episerver.framework>
  <scanAssembly forceBinFolderScan="true" />
  <siteHostMapping>
    <siteHosts siteId="SomeMachine_CMS6">
      <add name="*" />
      <add name="www.site.com" language="en" />
      <add name="www.site.se" language="sv" />
    </siteHosts>
  </siteHostMapping>

I am doing this chnages and when i am trying to run then it is giving me the error StartPage required.

can u help.

Apr 09, 2012 12:11
Vote:

Hi, 

When user is visiting the Page, at Global.asax file in Application_Start() method you can get the page id from the URL. 

And try to get the PageURL based on the Page id and Currnet user Language. 

If that page is not available in that particular language you can redirect it to Fallback page.

Edited, Apr 10, 2012 11:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.