Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Fallback languages

Vote:

Hi,

I have Craeted a page in Dansk language first then, the same created in English language.

However, I do not have a page in Svenska lang. I set the fallback language for Svenska to English.

But, When i am trying to get the page in Svenska language, the page displayed in its initial created Dansk language.

How can I set that to English only? Please suggest.

Thanks

Bijay

Sep 17, 2012 14:07
Vote:

Hi!

What you are explaining should work. What do you mean with "get the page in swedish". Are you loading the page with a URL that indicates swedish or are you retrieving the page from for instance the DataFactory?

Sep 17, 2012 15:41
Vote:

Thanks Linus for quick reply.

I am trying to retrieve the page with URL.

To my above problem, I shoud fallback to English lang page if I would try to retrieve the page(in URL) in Svenska.But I redircted to the Dansk(initialy created page lang) lang page.

So, In this case the fallback language functionality has a different behaviour.Please suggest.

Thanks

Bijay

Sep 18, 2012 9:24
Vote:

Hi!

It's hard to give you a suggestion without having a look in the code. I would suggest that you contact the developer support. There was a bug, that I think was fixed in EPiServer CMS 6 R2, that made pages finally fall back to the master language if there was no other available languages (instead of giving a 404) but that does not sound like your problem.

Sep 19, 2012 8:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.