Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Word document content is replaced by login page

Vote:

I'm not sure if this error is entirely related to EPiServer or just an IE/Word thing, but I've confirmed this happening on two separate EPiServer websites. What happens is when a user opens a word document in IE and clicks on "Enable editing" the content disappears and is replaced by the content of the login page of the website.

How to reproduce the error:
- User using Internet Explorer (IE7-IE9 tested, no problem with Firefox or Chrome)
- User need to be logged in to download document (not anonymous access)
- User is logged in with appropriate access
- When clicking on the document you choose "Open", not "Save"
- After clicking on "Enable editing"
- Happens only on first download of a document

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
Magnus

Mar 27, 2013 16:23
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

I've observed similar behaviour using other applications. Once user clicks on "enable editing" the content is replaced with web page login information. And this happens to documents that are opened (not saved to temp / etc. folder).

When examining word document before / after "enable editing" on the Word file tab it is visible that documents location is in web (e.g. url for opening document).

Nevertheless I haven't found any solution for this.

Maybe you have better luck and you've already resolved the problem? If so, could you share your findings.

Thanks,

Ugis

Jun 11, 2013 13:00
Vote:

Hi Ugis,

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution to this problem. I've even run it by "EPiServer Developer Support" and they looked at it and couldn't help, so as of now I'm no closer to a solution.

Regards,
Magnus

Jun 11, 2013 13:31
Vote:

Hi,

I think it must be MS Word (or office / OS combination) issue since the error you described and i have encountered is identical but it occurs on two completely different systems. The common thing is that both systems are web based, so I assume that it must be related to how Word retrieves file from web and how it treats its security.

Ugis

Jun 13, 2013 13:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.