Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems modifying a user account

Vote:

Hi!

I'm working with a site that recently has upgraded from CMS 5 to CMS 6 R2. I've ran into problems when it comes to modifying a user account (AD) or trying to add a new SQL-account. The site is an intranet and uses Windows AD to authenticate users. When I for example try to give editor rights to a user I get the following error message:

at EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.get_MinRequiredPasswordLength() at System.Web.Security.Membership.get_MinRequiredPasswordLength() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.ValidatePassword() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.SaveMembershipUser() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.SaveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The method or operation is not implemented.

Any ideas on what to do? I get the same error when I try to add a new SQL-user. Very thankful for help!
Apr 23, 2013 12:24
Vote:

Ok, so you are using both sqlmembershipprovider and activedirectory / windowsmembershipprovider?

In web.config, make sure the provider you want to be able to use to create users (SQLmembershipprovider) is setup as the first provider if you are using multiplexingmemberhipsprovider.

If you are using a custom membership provider that you have coded yourself you will need to set capabilities on that one to enable creation of users. This is done in global.asax like this (for enabling email for example):

ProviderCapabilities.AddProvider(typeof(WindowsMembershipProvider), new ProviderCapabilitySettings(0, "email")); ProviderCapabilities.AddProvider(typeof(WindowsRoleProvider), new ProviderCapabilitySettings(0));

Apr 23, 2013 13:38
Vote:

Okey... useful information! I'll have a look at it... Thanks!

Apr 23, 2013 17:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.