Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE configuration to only be able to select one styling at a time

Vote:

In our project we have a style set for hyperlinks:

defaultSettings.StyleFormats(
                new
                {
                    title = "Action links",
                    items = new[]
                    {
                        new { title = "Internal", selector = "a", classes = "internal" },
                        new { title = "External", selector = "a", classes = "external" },
                        new { title = "Download", selector = "a", classes = "download" }
                    }
                });

The problem we are facing is that you are able to select all three styles at once. How to modify tinyMCE so that you are only able to select one style at a time? 

If you click on Internal, there is a checkmark beside it, when you click on External the checkmark should be beside External instead of Internal. That is our desirable functionality

Jul 04, 2023 9:39
Vote:

Hi Tam,

I have added your config to a solution I have and it works fine.

Are you seeing any issues in the console log?

Thanks

Paul

Jul 04, 2023 16:32
Tam Duc Ha Vo - Jul 05, 2023 9:06
Hi, you need to insert text as hyperlink first (insert/edit link), then you'll choose Action links, and see that you are able to select all the styles at once
Vote:

We are able to select all three styles

Jul 05, 2023 9:13
Paul McGann (Netcel) - Jul 05, 2023 12:10
Ah I get you now, it is apply multiple formats even though they are withing the same grouping. Example would be if you choose heading 1 and then changed to heading 2 it should only apply heading 2. That does seem strange.
Tam Duc Ha Vo - Jul 05, 2023 12:16
Exactly. Do you think this is a bug within TinyMCE?
Paul McGann (Netcel) - Jul 05, 2023 13:24
I don't think so, this is more usability. Looking at an example on the TinyMCE site https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/demo/format-custom/. It pretty much does the same thing. The onus is on the user to ensure they know how to use it correctly and can format correctly.
Tam Duc Ha Vo - Jul 06, 2023 7:23
Ah, I see, that makes sense. Thank you for your help!
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.