Foundation - CMS only (no Commerce)

Vote:

Hi, I would like to start  a new project using the Foundation sample, but I do not want the commerce portion - just the CMS and Find. 

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Chris

Jun 27, 2024 16:55
Vote:

Hi

You can find CMS only version from the link below

https://github.com/episerver/foundation-mvc-cms/tree/net5

i hope it helps

Jun 28, 2024 12:58
C. Reese - Jun 28, 2024 15:28
Hi, thanks for the tip. I followed the setup instructions and had to install .net 5 runtime (out of support),
I updated appSettings.json with my developer index, and when I try to run it using IISExpress
I get a 500 error with a message I have never seen before, "localhost is currently unable to handle this request."
I am able to debug up to a point where I hit an error in ContentInstaller.cs method "IsAnyUserRegistered"
that has a line "var res = await _uIUserProvider.GetAllUsersAsync(0, 1).CountAsync();" that returns
"SqlException invalid column name Birthdate" as well as other column names like LastName, FirstName, etc... The setup.cmd log had a few warnings in the npm section but the database creation section appeared to have no errors. It appears the database schema is not correct somehow. Is there an update script that needs to be run perhaps? Ever seen this before?

Thanks

Chris
C. Reese - Jun 28, 2024 16:27
I ran a SQL trace on this and this was the last line captured when the crash occurred:

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT [a].[Id], [a].[AccessFailedCount], [a].[BirthDate], [a].[Comment], [a].[ConcurrencyStamp], [a].[CreationDate], [a].[Email], [a].[EmailConfirmed], [a].[FirstName], [a].[IsApproved], [a].[IsLockedOut], [a].[LastLockoutDate], [a].[LastLoginDate], [a].[LastName], [a].[LockoutEnabled], [a].[LockoutEnd], [a].[NewsLetter], [a].[NormalizedEmail], [a].[NormalizedUserName], [a].[PasswordHash], [a].[PhoneNumber], [a].[PhoneNumberConfirmed], [a].[RegistrationSource], [a].[SecurityStamp], [a].[TwoFactorEnabled], [a].[UserName]
FROM [AspNetUsers] AS [a]
ORDER BY [a].[UserName]
OFFSET @__p_0 ROWS FETCH NEXT @__p_1 ROWS ONLY',N'@__p_0 int,@__p_1 int',@__p_0=0,@__p_1=1

The aspNetUsers table that was installed by setup looks like this:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[AspNetUsers](
[Id] [nvarchar](450) NOT NULL,
[IsApproved] [bit] NOT NULL,
[IsLockedOut] [bit] NOT NULL,
[Comment] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
[CreationDate] [datetime2](7) NOT NULL,
[LastLoginDate] [datetime2](7) NULL,
[LastLockoutDate] [datetime2](7) NULL,
[UserName] [nvarchar](256) NULL,
[NormalizedUserName] [nvarchar](256) NULL,
[Email] [nvarchar](256) NULL,
[NormalizedEmail] [nvarchar](256) NULL,
[EmailConfirmed] [bit] NOT NULL,
[PasswordHash] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
[SecurityStamp] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
[ConcurrencyStamp] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
[PhoneNumber] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
[PhoneNumberConfirmed] [bit] NOT NULL,
[TwoFactorEnabled] [bit] NOT NULL,
[LockoutEnd] [datetimeoffset](7) NULL,
[LockoutEnabled] [bit] NOT NULL,
[AccessFailedCount] [int] NOT NULL
Vote:

Edited, Jun 28, 2024 14:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.