Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Security on /upload-folder slows down browsing

Vote:

I've added UnifiedFileSystem-handler and security to my /upload-folder as shown in "Configuring the File System.pdf". This seems to really slow down the browsing in the “FileManager” for some users. Is this a known issue, and is there any way to fix this?
May 20, 2005 14:58
Vote:

just a complete theory - but could there be some misconfiguration causing IIS and UFS to interfere?
May 23, 2005 10:50
Vote:

I don't think so. The “FileManager” is ok. But it takes about 12 seconds to open the “EPiServer Link Tool” (edit/LinkDocument.aspx) with our file-structure and security settings. It’s just as slow when browsing subfolders from the Link Tool.
May 24, 2005 11:28
Vote:

Did you ever find the solution to your problem? A customer experiences the same on EPiServer 4.31. FileManager works fine, but opening EPiServer LinkTool takes over 10 seconds. Enabeling "show thumbnails" in filemanager slows down the filemanageger significantly so I think the problem has to do with the thumbnails some how.
Aug 31, 2005 12:35
Vote:

We made some optimizations/caching on the image preview functionality in EPiServer 4.40 to make it run faster when you have a large image gallery and as you know we replaced the link editor in 4.50 with a new version based on the file manager.
Aug 31, 2005 15:05
Vote:

Hi, I have configed a Unified file system as well and get terrible performance when browsing larger pictures ( > 100KB), they usually time out. The system is running on version 4.50. Is there a parameter to get better result i have missed? These are the rows i added in web.config:
/Niklas Furberg
Oct 31, 2005 11:06
Vote:

Access rights are not cached correctly on UFS in EPiServer versions prior to 4.6, upgrade or turn user rights on the filesystem off was the tip I got.
Oct 03, 2007 12:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.