Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Postback problem

Vote:

I believe I've got a postback problem on our site. The strange thing is that everything works fine on my developing version, but not on the production site. The form-tag is set in the framework-file:
When I run the site on the developer edition this generates the following form-tag and __doPostBack-event:
However, on the production site the form and __doPostBack is slightly different:
Whenever I save the page to an static HTML-page, and replaces the form-tag and the __doPostBack from my local edition to the production site, things seems OK. So my question is: Where are these defined? How can I alter the code which is generated on the production site to match the code generated on the developer site. The EPiServer-templates running on the sites are identical. Check it out at http://www.ks-bedrift.no/templates/KS/KS_XMLMemberList.aspx?id=21419. The dropdown and search fields in main area of page won't run because of this error. Any good advice would be appreciated!
Jun 09, 2005 11:10
Vote:

Hello! Have you checked that the two machines run the application with the same .net version?
Jun 09, 2005 17:00
Vote:

Thanks for the input. I guess running .Net-versions might be the key here. What is the best way of checking which .net-version that is running on server? When checking folders on server I find that there is a folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322. I interpret this as the server is running version 1.1.4322 of .net, which actually is the same that seems to be running on the developer-machine. At least both machines have this folder. Is there another way of checking the exact .net-version running? The developer machine is running Windows XP and Visual Studio.Net. The live-server is running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.
Jun 10, 2005 12:40
Vote:

Seems like the problem was in different .net versions. After upgrading .net-framework on server things now seem to be OK. Thanks for the input!
Jun 16, 2005 18:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.