Initialize action failed after upgrading to latest version (InitializationException)

Vote:

Database upgrade is set to automatic and is latest version 8011

Site won't start after upgrade from
EPiServer.CMS 12.12.0 => 12.15.1
EPiServer.CMS.Core 12.9.2 => 12.11.0
EPiServer.Framework 12.9.2 => 12.11.0
EPiServer.Framework.AspNetCore 12.9.2 => 12.11.0

Exception

Initialize action failed for Initialize on class EPiServer.Initialization.Internal.ModelSyncInitialization, EPiServer, Version=12.11.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7

Stacktrace:

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
   at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ExecuteTransition(Boolean continueTransitions)
   at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize()
   at EPiServer.Hosting.Internal.EPiServerFrameworkHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.<StartAsync>d__12.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.<RunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.<RunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.Run(IHost host)
   at ***.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\***\src\***\Program.cs:line 25

Anyone has an idea what could be wrong - can't figure this one out.

Jan 02, 2023 15:36
Lisa - Feb 06, 2023 17:12
I met the same issue. My application can't run.
Vote:

There must have been some problem with the database after the upgrade - this time I was lucky and the database was almost empty so I solved this with episerver CLI tool.

After upgrading the solution with the latest nuget files I simply created a new database with the command:
dotnet-episerver create-cms-database *.csproj -S . -E -dn DatabaseName.Cms -v

Then I modified my connection string to the newly created database and started the solution - and after this I could use my application with the new database.

Jan 04, 2023 14:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.