Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

View image without be logged in

Vote:

Hi!

I am not able to view any images without being logged in to {site}/imagevault.

In web.config in {site} I have added a folder "imagevaultidentity" and:

<location path="imagevaultidentity">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

Also just for testing reasing added:

<location path="imagevault">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

And all other <location> element related to ImageVault to <allow user="*" />

What more do I need to do?

Apr 08, 2014 15:15
Vote:

Hi,

How do the Urls to the images look like? Are they */media/* or */publishedmedia/*?

Public url:s should look like /publishedmedia/. /media/ url:s are internal and will need authorization.

I guess that you have written the code to display the images.

To get published url:s you need to use a client with a publishingIdentifier set. 

You will get this if you use ClientFactory.GetSdkClient().

No locations should be needed (allow="*" only allows any authenticated user.)

/Dan

Apr 09, 2014 9:23
Vote:

Thanks! Using ClientFactory.GetSdkClient() instead of ImageVault.Client.Client() did the trick!

Apr 10, 2014 9:59
Vote:

Hi Dan

I have "the same" problem, but in my case it's when the editor selects a document (.pdf) in the XHTML property through the imagevault toolbar button.

The link to the document gets generated with the internal */media/* url. Is this expected or should the editors add the documents in another way?

As a quick work around I have changed so that the path="imagevault/media/*/* goes through the PublishedMediaProxyHandler, and this solves the problem of course. What complications could come from doing this?

Thanks in advance!

/Fred

Edited, Apr 14, 2014 12:23
Vote:

You should have the internal urls (/media/) when working with the media. It only get translated to public urls when saving the page.

We had one bug (#497) regarding freetext field in blocks that were not updated so an upgrade to 4.4.12 might solve it. (see changelog http://imagevault.se/en/documentation/api-documentation/?page=installation/changelog.html )

Changing the handler is not recommended since published links and media links are not using the same keys for the media. Just because it works in this version isn't sure it will in future upgrades.

If none of the suggestions above will help you, I suggest you contact EPiServer support and register a case there.

/Dan

Apr 14, 2014 13:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.