Insert hyperlink for ImageVault file in EpiServer text-editor (tinyMCE) no longer exist?

Vote:

Hi,

In previous versions of EPiServer (i.e. v 5), it was a tool in the text-editor for inserting/editing links for ImageVault content (together with the insert image tool), used when adding documents like excel and pdf's. 
We are currently running EPiServer 7.5 with ImageVault 4.4 and I can't find a specific tool for editing links of imageVault content in the tinyMCE editor anymore. Is it no longer supported?

The problem is that an editor will not be able to change the name of the link without using the HTML-source code tool. Otherwise the link will be in a non-friendly format such as abcd123.pdf instead of a friendly link name like Abc. A tool for inserting/editing links that exist will only allow me to change the title, but not the Name of the link.

Has this tool been removed?  

Kind regards,

Beate 

Aug 22, 2014 11:58
Vote:

Hi!

We have not implemented a direct translation of the link tool. Though if you use the ImageVault tool to insert a document a link to that document will be created. You should be able to edit the link text directly in the text editor.
If you need more detailed control over the links I would recommend using a Media or MediaList property on the page instead.

Of course we appreciate to get feedback regarding customer requests, so please get back to me with more information regarding the customer needs if the above is not a suitable solution.

BR /Johan

Aug 22, 2014 14:08
Vote:

Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes, when we use the ImageVault tool to insert a document, a link appears, such as abc123.pdf. However when I try to edit the link by changing the name of the link directly in the text-editor (using backspace) the link-url to the document dissapears or is just applied to a bit of the text, i.e. TestingLink. Using the other EPiServer link tools (in tinyMCE) I am able to change the action of the link, open in a new window, title etc, but not changing the link name.

The customer wants to be able to add a lists of documents, our just one document, within text areas such as the Xhtml-string property. The most important thing is that it shall be easy to edit the link, especially the link name, for an editor. How is it to use a MediaList property within an xhtml-string property?

Regards,
Beate 

Aug 25, 2014 8:57
Vote:

Hi!

I am able to highlight and edit the link text directly in the editor in the latest version of EPiServer, hence it might be a problem with different versions.

Adding the MediaList to a block that gets dragged into to the editor might give better control over the rendering, though if you e.g want to give the editor the possibility to edit the link-text that might not be the best way to solve this.

I will look into if we can make this work better with EPiServers built in link editor or if there is enough demand for this feature to create an alternative solution for ImageVault. We appreciate the feedback!

BR /Johan

Aug 25, 2014 11:29
Vote:

Hi,

Which version are you using? We are currently running EPiServer 7.5. Potentially we can look into upgrading if it is making editing of links easier for the editors in the latest version, highlighting the text and editing directly as you descirbe would work for our needs. 

Thanks,

Beate 

Aug 25, 2014 12:45
Vote:

Hi!

I used the following version in my test environment EPiServer 7.5.394, EPiServer Edit UI 3.0.1097. I have tested and got the same behavior in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

BR /Johan

Aug 26, 2014 9:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.