Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to export submissions of Episerver Form with local timestamp instead of UTC time

Vote:

Hey here,

Does anyone konw how to export submissions of Episerver Form with local timestamp instead of UTC time? There is column "Time" in a form's submissions. I can see it's local date/time. However, if I export these submissions to csv, json, or xml, all date/time value are UTC date/time. 

Would it possible to configure the Epiform to update it?

Thanks in advance

Bill 

Oct 17, 2018 22:25
Vote:

You can write your own exporter and register with the system by:

[ServiceConfiguration(ServiceType = typeof(DataExporterBase))]

Example, if you want to export as CSV with local time, you should inherit the class CSVDataExporter then override the method [Export]. In there you will have a DataTable which contains all exporting submissions, just modify the field [Time] for converting it to local one. Then you call the base for doing rest of export process.

Oct 19, 2018 5:33
Vote:

Hi Dac,

could you please explain a bit further. If I get it correctly I should implement what you told like so?:

[ServiceConfiguration(ServiceType = typeof(DataExporterBase))]

public class CustomCSVDataExporter : CSVDataExporter

{

public override string Export(DataTable dataTable)

{

... do custom stuff with dataTable ...

return base.Export(dataTable);

}

}

But this generates me 2nd "Export as CSV" dropdown option as well as this being called when Exporting CSV through 1st and newly generated 2nd option... 

Edited, Feb 04, 2019 17:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.