Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Submissions are not stored

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a new from. Say that it should have only one field - a required text field. I did enable following options:

• Allow anonymous submissions
  • Allow multiple submissions from the same IP/cookie
  • Show navigation bar if the form has multiple steps

And of course enabled:

• Store form submissions

I don't have any implementation of PostSubmissionActorBase.

Now, when I open such form and submit it, I see the submission after opening "Form submissions". No errors, no exceptions, no JS errors, confirmation message displayed correctly.

When I try to do that once more I get almost the same behaviour - without any issues. BUT, the recent submission is not listed on "Form submissions" list. Any further submission is not visible as well. Tried logged in and logged out. Normal session and private browser session as well.

Removing first (and only) submission doesn't help at all - in such case I cannot see any submission.

In summary: maximum one submission is visible on the list, always the first one.

Do you know what can be a possible reason of such behaviour?

Mar 19, 2020 11:35
Vote:

Hi,

Your issue is so strange. Could you try to create new Alloy MVC site with the Forms installed and try to submit. If your problem is still the, pls give us a support case, we can look into it deeper.

Mar 26, 2020 7:38
Vote:

Hi again, after some time.

No, we cannot reproduce it on Alloy MVC site. Moreover, we cannot reproduce it on environemnt different than production (with same code, same DB and same Azure hosting). Today I found out another clue, that can be helpful:

If we enable option "Store form submissions", a response from "DataSubmit/Submit" endpoint gives empty Submission ID, ex:

{"IsSuccess":true,"IsProgressiveSubmit":true,"RedirectUrl":"","Message":"Sendt inn.","Data":{"SubmissionId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","FormLanguage":"no","CurrentStepIndex":0,"IsLastestStep":true,"ValidationInfo":null},"AdditionalParams":null}

When we disable that option, Submission ID is filled with valid GUID, but then, of course, submissions are not stored on purpose. 

Oct 05, 2020 20:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.