Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

UnifiedFileDeleted not triggered when block with page files is deleted

Vote:

Well, the title says it all. I added UnififedFileDeleted event handler which gets called nicely when I delete files in file explorer. But when I create a block, page file folder for it, put some files into it and go and delete the block. Event isn't triggered even when I empty the trash. Is this a bug or do i handle it differently?

Just thought to try regular pages. Results are the same. Deleting the pages, with files in page file folder, doesn't trigger deleted event.

Feb 26, 2013 6:57
Vote:

Hi,

Pagefiles are not deleted when their corresponding pages are. The files could be inserted on other pages if the editor has copied the url, that's probably why.

In admin there is scheduled job that removes unused pagefiles.

Edited, Feb 26, 2013 9:43
Vote:

Errr... Okay. I've never heard such a behavior where you delete container but not the contents. Scheduled job wont do in my case. I have rethink this from the scratch.

Thanks anyway.

Feb 26, 2013 10:48
Vote:

You can delete the pagefiles folder when a block and/or page is deleted by listening to events in ContentRepository.

Feb 26, 2013 10:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.