Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Properties wiped/reset, I thought this was fixed?

Vote:

I have a issue where some properties on pages suddenly are reset, without warning or reason. Not all properties but a couple of content areas, the mainbody etc are completly wiped/reset. Even if i check previous versions they are empty. I have not changed the names or anything like that, they have just been wiped...

This is serious and I thought it was supposed to be fixed in 7.1? Does anyone know if I can check what has happened, or if I can somehow retrieve the values again?

May 16, 2013 11:12
Vote:

I have now spoken to EPiServer and apparently there is a quite serious bug when converting pagetypes.

What I did was using the function for converting pagetypes in the admin. Apparently it converts the selected page, but RESETS the properties missing from ALL PAGES that uses that type.

Example:

If you have a page of type StandardPage with a property called MainBody and convert it to the type NewsPage without the property MainBody all pages that uses StandarPage get their MainBody not removed, but wiped from all versions.

Here is some more information about this:
blog.huilaaja.net/2013/02/14/episerver-7-convert-pages-doesnt-limit-to-selected-page/

May 16, 2013 15:24
Vote:

Just to make things a little bit more clear (or not). 7.1 just updates the user inteface. It is (currently) Patch 2 that fixes API bugs in the core.

You could run 7.1 without Patch 2.

May 17, 2013 21:22
Vote:

Ah, sorry for not being clear, I seem to use the expression 7.1 for the current version with all patches applied :)

This issue is present regardless of updates (7.1, patch 2). It can only be fixed by manually running a hotfix including a stored procedure for the database that is affected, which for now is all of them. The number of the fix is 90561

May 18, 2013 10:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.